04630 - 273285
info@allsaintschurchsubramaniapuram.com

Mission Place



The All Saints Church is situated in Subramaniapuram, a Union Church of South India. Subramaniapuram is located at Sawyerpuram town panchayat in Tuticorin district, Tamil Nadu, India. Since missionary Dr. G. U. Pope ministered in this place the population is predominantly Christian. This place is an historical and religious place.

Subramaniapuram is a small hindu village with four familes Karuthiah nadar family, Kaniyalar family, VM family, Malaiyapper family. A bazaar was situated Subramaniapuram main road at first. The four familes had more faith in their own God. In that occasion 1840’s, Dr.G.U.Pope the servant of Lord Jesus Chirst Came to Subramaniapuram. He preached the principle of Jesus Chirst by showing it his own life. But these people pour water mixed with cow dong on Dr.G.U.Pope. But Dr.G.U.Pope blessed those people instead of scolding those people.

This incident create an impact in the minds of those people and they simply wondered how he blessed us without scolding and also they think what made him to show love on them. In turn, those family members realized the truth and accepted Jesus Saviour. So karuthaya Nadar gifted place for building a church where the hindu temple was there previously. In 1846 Church was dedicated in the month of September and the church named as All Saints Church. Dr. G U Pope’s efforts were equally directed to the extension of the Church.

He carried the light of the Gospel into every neighboring village, and stationed catechists trained by himself in Christian doctrine to minister to the needs of the congregations. He built the All Saints Church at Subramaniapuram. A church is not just one other building which can hold under its roof its congregation. Its plan, structure, fittings, furniture, lighting- all should go the conjure and atmosphere conductive to worship.

At first Caldwell incharge of the SPG Tirunelveli. Then 1969 by the effect of Ponnaiah Nadar, Israel, Jebamani, Vethamuthu, Kovilraj, Gnanaraj the church was renovated and dedicated. The catechist who share Jesus Christ in the are chelladurai, James, Joseph, Peter Thomas, Esphone, Joseph. In 1846 the first choir was formed and organized by kovilpillai. Kovilpillai was a first organist and choir master, then noble was the choir master. In 1849 the first parsonage was erected by pope. In 1986 New personage were built for the presbyters to serve the word of God in and around Subramaniapuram. Subramaniapuram pastorate covers valasakaranvillai, Thirupanichettikulam, Kothalarivillai, Siruthondunallur.